These soft and fluffy muffins are a dream. Not only are they easy to throw together, but they taste AMAZING!!
They are great for lunch boxes, picnics, and birthdays!
Carob powder is a delicious caffeine-free alternative to cacao. It is high in fibre, potassium, and magnesium, and is full of antioxidants (including vitamin E). Carob has a natural sweetness and is a great addition to muffins, loafs, smoothies, and warm drinks.
Atta flour is a wholemeal wheat flour. Atta flour is traditionally used in India for making flat breads, like chapati and roti. It is also great for baking muffins because when you sift it, the bran doesn’t seperate like traditional wholemeal flours. Atta also helps to create a beautiful soft fluffy texture.
1 cup of Atta wholemeal flour
1/3 cup of carob powder
3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
1/4 teaspoon of fine sea salt
400 mL of longlife coconut milk
1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup of honey or maple syrup
2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and lightly oil your mini muffin tray.
- In a bowl, sift together: wholemeal flour, carob powder, baking soda, and baking powder. Add and mix through desiccated coconut and sea salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together: coconut milk, oil, honey, vinegar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Make a well in your dry mixture and poor in the wet mixture, whisk together until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into mini muffin tray and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool in muffin tin and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
- Enjoy! 🙂